Sunday, November 24, 2019
We warmly welcome all who are worshipping with us today! “Give Thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.” Psalm 107:1
THOSE SERVING TODAY:
AM: Dawn Kamps, Taylor Kamps
PM: Angela Brown
AM: Ike & Judi Spriensma
PM: Henry & Jan Vander Wal
Song Service: Don VanDenTop
AM: Joyce Postma
PM: Joyce Postma
Coffee: Ike & Judi Spriensma
Offering for today: CrossRoads Bible Institute
Ushers for December: Israel Nobel, Joel Molyneux
Mother of the month for December: Brenda Borst
*Continue to pray for the following members of our congregation:
Judie Sall, Albertha Martinie, and Henry White
*Our shut-ins: Frank & Gert Meerman
*Our service men: Ray Whitman at IMF Trident Base in Bangor, Washington and Eric Zandstra at the Naval Submarine Base in Groton, Connecticut
* Jill Dykstra and her children and the congregation of Walker URC
Today: 11:00a.m. Sunday School and Catechism Classes
Thursday: 9:30a.m. Thanksgiving Day Service
THOSE SERVING THANKSGIVING DAY:
Nursery: Carla Lieffers, Erin Molyneux
Greeters: Don & Bobbi VanDenTop
Organist: Joyce Postma
Ushers: Tim DeJonge, Tim lieffers
Offering: Coopersville Cares
December 2, 7:00p.m. Consistory Meeting
December 4, 9:30a.m. Ladies’ Morning Bible Study – Lesson 6, “Wise Women know how to think, feel, and want”
Hearing Aid devices are available in the back of church for anyone upon request.
There are large print NKJV Bibles available in the back of church.
You are cordially invited for a time of coffee and refreshments in the Fellowship Hall following the morning service.
We Welcome Rev. Peter Adams to lead our evening worship service.
The Fellowship Committee is asking that we as a congregation remember our widows, widowers, and service men this Christmas season with a Christmas card. Check your mailbox for a list of names. The Cristmas bags will be in the back of the Fellowship Hall. Please place your cards in the bags before the morning service on Sunday, December 15. Card bags can be picked up after the morning service.
Mel Trotter “Code Blue” Drive: We will continue collecting coats. If you have any lightly used or new winter coats for women, men or children. Please leave them in the Fellowship room.
Love INC. Requests:
1. We are in need of some coats to replenish our Coat Closet. Any gently used or new coats and snow pants for boys and girls all sizes. You can either drop them off at our office or at the store. We will get them to our Coat Closet site at Ottawa Center Chapel. We are going through our coats quickly. (We will also accept any gift cards or financial donation to go and purchase new coats as well.)
2. Our client services office is changing their hours. Our new hours are Monday-Friday: 9:00a.m.-2:00p.m. and we are closed Saturday/Sunday.
Thank you all for being such wonderful church partners. We cannot do what we do without each one of you. We will continue to hold each church community in our thoughts and prayers.
RYS’ LOGOS winter retreat, intended for singles age 18-30 either in college or working, and now also formarried couples age 30 or younger, will be held January 2-4 at the Kettunen Retreat Center in Tustin, MI, D.V. Rev. Austin Reed, a pastor at Trinity URC in Caledonia, MI, will speak on the topic “Following the Good Path,” based on Jeremiah 6:16. The Kettunen Retreat Center features comfortable housing with hotel-style rooms and private bathrooms. Our Friday afternoon day away options include skiing at Caberfae Peaks Ski Center or bowling, both located in nearby Cadillac. Cost is $230.00 per person for the program, housing and five meals. Register at reformedyouthservices.org before December 14.
Cornerstone URC invites men and women of all ages to two special nights where we will discuss these important topics of our day:
1. “The Dangers of Pornography” on Wednesday, December 4, 2019 with Rip Pratt – Biblical Counselor and speaker from Escondido, CA.
2. “Be on Guard: The Dangers of Digital Technology” on Wednesday, February 5, 2020 with Jon Van Overloop – Teacher at Covenant Christian High School, Grandville, MI.
You are welcome to join us for the fellowship meal the night of the event to begin at 6:00p.m. with the program to take place immediately afterward at 7:00p.m. For more information see the flyer on the bulletin board or call Cornerstone URC at (616)669-2190.